HELLO3D 3D Printer Filament – PVA – 1.75mm – Transparent – 0.5Kg
The HELLO3D PVA filaments are universally designed and compatible with 3D Printers using 1.75mm diameter filament.
PVA (polyvinyl alcohol) filament is a water soluble material used mainly to print support material. PVA adheres well to PLA and ABS and dissolves in hot water in a number of hours, leaving behind exceptionally clean overhangs. It will extrude well through a standard extruder and tends to ooze badly. It sticks well to painters tape, and less well to PET.
The recommendation is to put a few strips of painters tape down and print with 2-3 layers of raft if you’re using PVA as a support material. Since PVA filament dissolves in water it may not be suitable for most parts. The filament must be stored with a drying agent, since it will absorb moisture out of the air.
- Great for interior cavities and intricate parts that make removing support by hand difficult.
- Leaves no residue on the bottom surface of the part.
- Is mildly flexible at room temperature, making support material removal a bit easier.
- Can print with embedded fibers and then dissolved, making it an interesting material for 3D printed tissue scaffolds.
- Sticks well to blue painters tape.
The HELLO3D 3D printer PVA filament has the following characteristics:
- 100% virgin material without cheap plastic fillers
- Print Temperature: 190 – 220°C, dependent on printer model
- Heat Bed temperature: 100°C
- 0.5Kg net weight
- Accurate diameter of 1.75mm with a tolerance of ± 0.05mm
- Vacuumed Sealed With Desiccant
- ROHS Certification from SGS testing